Monday, March 19, 2012

Geocaching! How Fun!

Before Spring Break we had such a great time learning about Living and Non-Living things.  We really started out confused by some things.  For example...  Was the apple I ate for lunch living?  Isn't it a plant?  We quickly learned about the 4 essential questions we need to ask when deciding if something is living or not.  When I told the kids that we were going to use GPS to help us find things on our search, they were so excited to share their prior experiences and schema about GPS units in their moms' cars and Dads' phones!  They actually thought that I was going to let them each have a phone!  After I explained that we were going to use a different kind of GPS, they were ready to get going. 
I hope your enjoy watching our learning!



2 comments:

  1. I am your newest follower =) I bubble letter LOVE your blog!! I love all the great ideas!
    Check out my blog. www.skippersjungle.blogspot.com

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Marie! I am glad that you found some helpful stuff. I would love to check out your blog. Don't forget to link your blog up on my blog hopping page! Keep in touch,

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete