Monday, March 5, 2012

Geocaching??? Wish me luck!

I am super excited about an activity this week.  I am going to try using handheld GPS units for a type of geocaching activity.  The kids are going to be split into groups. (Thanks to my math IC for helping with this).  They will use their GPS units to locate ribbons tied to items all around the school grounds.  When they reach the item, they will have to ask a series of questions to determine if the object is living or non-living.  They will then take a moment to record a picture and a lable of the object in their journal.  They will also record if the object is living or non-living.  This activity is scheduled for later this week.  I will be sure to take pictures and let everyone know how it goes!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment